Skip to content

Flying Sunday 15 August 2010

Sam, Igor and Redmond set forth to commit aviation at Stonefield Sunday.

Roaring wind discouraged the aviation concept initially, however the weather forecast implied the wind might drop a bit later.

Igor and Sam attacked the reluctant winch engine. They didn’t get it going, however we now have ignition – the plugs are sparking.  Fuel is feeding to the carby but we couldn’t get a cough out of the engine.  We also managed to core the polystyrene out of 3 more footings on the new hangar.  If the weather man gives us reasonable conditions next weekend we will throw the frame up.

Early afternoon the wind died enough to get the Falke out.  Sam got his sideslips signed out and Igor got his hand back in.